As I was preparing photos for recent posts, I stumbled across a photo of a gift card holder that was edited but not shared. Shame on me! The young man that does our landscaping and his wife had their first child in January so following the popular gift trend...a gift card was purchased for them. To present the gift card, I made a card holder using Stampin' Up! Kraft Tag a Bag Gift Bags, Sweet Li'l Things Designer Series Paper and the Zoo Babies stamp set. This style of gift card holder is quick and easy to make. Thank you to Patty Bennett (www.pattystamps.com) for the design! The instructions are below the card photo so you can start making these for your gift card presentations.
|Gift Card Holder using Stampin' Up! Kraft Tag a Bag Gift Bags, Zoo Babies Stamp Set & Sweet Li'l Things Designer Series Paper|
Gift card holder instructions:
1. Place Kraft bag on scoring board with sealed end against the top left corner of scoring board.
2. Score at the 3" mark, fold and run bone folder across fold to create a crease.
3. To create band around bag, wrap and seal a 2 1/4" x 10 1/2" piece of Designer Series around the folded bag. This will hold the folded section in place creating 2 pockets (one for the gift card & one for a note card). To add a touch of flair, I tied 7/8" natural cotton ribbon around band. The ribbon has been retired but is still available, while supplies last, in the Clearance section.
4. The monkey from the Zoo Babies Stamp set and greeting was stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock using Chocolate Chip ink, punched and layered on a scallop punched from Chocolate Chip card stock.
5. Very Vanilla card stock (4" x 4") was punched on two corners using the Curvy Corner Trio Punch to create a note card insert.
When I'm short on time and need a quick gift card holder, this style has become my "go to" design.
Take note, the Zoo Babies stamp set and the Sweet Li'l Things Designer Series Paper are retiring on May 31. You'll want to place your order soon before they're gone!
The Hostess Code for May is VE2K2TG4.
Use this code if your order is less than $150.
If your order exceeds $150, you will receive Hostess Rewards.
Visit the Shop Now tab at the top of my blog post to place your order.
SAVE THE DATE - Monday, May 23, 8:00 - 9:00 pm EST
I will be hosting a "live" Monday Night Mania Class.
more details will be announced in the coming days, you'll not want to miss the fun!
Thanks for stopping by and don't hesitate to contact me with your questions.
Your comments are appreciated!