My grandson is visiting this week and I've been able to steal away a few minutes to share a post. In the recent Guy Greetings class, the technique of stamping onto a Textured Impressions Embossing Folder was introduced. The card was cased from Frances Martin and is on her YouTube channel (Stamp & Scrap with Frenchie). Her card is beautiful and I knew I wanted to teach the technique in a class. Great news - the Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder returned and is now available in the 2016-2017 catalog.
|Stampin' Up! Woodland Textured Impressions Folder & Guy Greetings Stamp Set|
1. Using a brayer to apply the background ink seemed to work best for obtaining a light background. Sponging seemed to create a mottled look.
2. Use water-soluble ink to avoid permanently staining your embossing folder.
3. When inking your stamp for stamping onto the textured embossing folder (on this card - the automobile), make sure to evenly ink the stamp and hold in place for about a 30-60 seconds to allow the ink to transfer onto the embossing folder. Be sure to stamp - straight down/straight up to avoid smearing.
4. It was easiest to place the card stock onto the non-inked side of the embossing folder, then fold the inked/stamped side over the card stock before rolling through the Big Shot.
5. Keep in mind that the stamped image outline will not be as clear as images stamped directly onto card stock.
Everyone in the class enjoyed this technique and all the cards turned out beautifully. I encourage you to give it a try.
Now to go find out what mischief my grandson may be into...it's gotten very quiet!!!
Just a reminder, I am offering the following Endless Birthday Wishes kits for purchase. (Photos of the cards are in the Endless Birthday Wishes blog post.)
Option 1: includes PDF instructions, Endless Birthday Wishes Stamp Set, all paper necessary for the four cards (cut and scored), envelopes, embellishments, sequins, rhinestones, silver metallic thread, Stampin' Dimensionals. Cost: $25 plus $7 priority shipping & handling
Option 2: (if you own the stamp set) includes PDF instructions, all paper necessary for the four cards (cut and scored), envelopes, embellishments, sequins, rhinestones, Stampin' dimensionals. Cost: $12 plus $7 priority shipping & handling
What will you need to complete the cards - Basic Black Archival Stampin Pad; Classic Stampin Pads: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango; Fast Fuse, Mini-Glue Dots, Clean-Mount Blocks.
You can email me with the option(s) you wish to order. Payment is accepted via PayPal.
Thanks for stopping by and don't hesitate to contact me with your questions.
#stampinup, #guygreetings, #woodlandembossingfolder, #birthdaycard, #masculinecard